Kindred Lodges Association Autumn Festival 7th October 2023
The Next Festival is to be hosted by the Arrowhead Lodge of Freedom in the province of West Lancashire. A super special gathering on its Golden Jubilee of the Lodge’s Consecration.
All members of the Association, individual members of the K.L.A. and visitors are cordially invited.
The KLA will be holding three meetings throughout the day commencing at 11.00. This special “full day” is open to all attending visitors.
Firstly, a short meeting by dispensation of “The Lodge of Unity, Peace & Concord No 316” the installed Masters’ Lodge for members of the KLA.
Secondly at 12 noon there will be a short KLA committee meeting for KLA Representatives and KLA Officers. This is for some essential business!
Finally, at 14.00, the main event – The KLA Festival meeting hosted by the Arrowhead Lodge of Freedom.
The Festive Board will start at 16.00 and finish by 18.30 latest.
Please complete the online form below or download the word pdf here. Please return the booking form no later than Saturday 16th September.
Online Booking form for Autumn Festival
Venue & Parking
Ashton Masonic Hall, Bryn Road, Ashton in Makerfield, WIGAN, WN4 0AA.
The bar will be open prior to the meeting(s) and a finger buffet lunch can be purchased at a modest cost between 11am and 1 pm from the bar. (No food for personal use is permitted to be brought into the building)
Three meetings will take place during the Festival
At 11am there will be a (business) meeting by dispensation of “The Lodge of Unity, Peace & Concord No 316” the installed Masters’ Lodge for members of the KLA. This meeting is open to all attending the Festival.
At approximately 12 noon there will be a short KLA committee meeting for about 10 minutes for Lodge KLA Representatives and KLA Officers. This is for some essential business!
- The October 2023 Regular Meeting of Arrowhead Lodge of Freedom No 8500 moved to Saturday 7th October, 2023 by dispensation will commence at 2pm prompt so please be in your seat by 1.39 pm at the latest. The Festive Board will commence at 4pm and is scheduled to finish at 6.30pm.
Uniform of their Youth Organisation. Grand & Provincial Grand Officers should wear Full Dress Regalia.
Other than routine business there will be a talk by WBro Tony Baker, an Operative Mason about OPERATIVE FREEMASONRY.
We will also in a small way be celebrating the Golden Jubilee of the Lodge’s Consecration as Arrowhead Lodge No 8500 on the 29th June, 1973.
The Menu is Potato & Leek Soup served with selection of Breads. Fillet of Chicken in au Poivre Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables & Potatoes, Apple Crumble Tart with Ice Cream, Tea or Coffee.
The cost is £25 EXCLUSIVE of drinks.
Please let us know at the time of the booking of special dietary requirements. There will be a seating plan posted up at the entrance.
How to find us?
We are at the well sign posted Masonic Hall at WN4 0AA.
- By Train: The nearest mainline stations are Wigan North Western & Wigan Wallgate opposite each other in Wigan about 15 mins away by Taxi or longer by bus. Bryn station is 15 min walk away from the Hall on the Liverpool/wigan line.
- By Car: The nearest MOTORWAY is the M6
- Access from the M6 Southbound Exit at Junction 25 (Wigan) & follow the slip road. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit A49 and proceed for about 2 miles to an offset set of lights turn left to Bryn Road B5207 and the entrance and car park is 50 metres on the right.
- Access from the M6 North bound exit at Junction 24 (Ashton/St Helens). At the lights turn left to the A58 Ashton. At the next traffic lights turn left Bryn Street A49. At the next traffic lights continue straight across to Wigan Road A49 and in about 2 miles turn right on to Bryn Road and the entrance and car park is 50 metres on the right.
Where to stay?
There is a nearby PREMIER INN motor lodge near to ther M6 Junction 25 exit at Warrington Road, WIGAN WN3 6XB (0333 321 9146)